Thursday, September 12, 2013

In the hall of our building


I've been sitting in the hall of our building for more than half an hour. Trying to concentrate on the game I'm playing on my smart phone, which is difficult, with the noise that people around me are making. Some of these persons are playing cards, chatting thanks to cellphones or laptops. The rest of them are reading quietly a book or listening to music. Some girls are cooking in the kitchen upstairs, I can hear their laughs so clearly, and smell what they are cooking. It seemes tasty, and remindes me of the smell of couscous. There is no doubt that these girls are missing their moms' dishes. Someone has just pushed the door of the building. It's a parent who's wearing a brown coat, Black trousers and black shoes who enters holding his luggage and a plastic bag full of food, he seems tired, in need of a tight sleep, but once he saw a girl wearing a red dress, white heels who's his daughter for sure, a large smile illuminates his face. The girl jumps on him, hugs him until he can't breathe. It's obvious that she misses him so much, just like I'm missing my family and my friends.

2 comments: