Thursday, September 12, 2013

At the old medina of Meknes

I am at the old medina of Meknes, and I see a man in his old store of Moroccan traditional musical instruments trying to sell some traditional instruments to two young tourists. One of the two tourists is holding a map, and the other is carrying a bottle of mineral water; outside the store, another man with a black moustache sitting on a small stool and smoking the “Sebsi”. I see a mother holding a bag accompanied with her two daughters and going toward the hammam. At the butchers’ side, I see a traditional restaurant where some people are eating minced meat grilled on coal and drinking the Moroccan tea. In front of the restaurant, there is a fat cat lying on the ground and moving its tail slowly. I see a happy child running toward his friends and screaming. Finally, on my way to leave the old medina by its large gate, I see a donkey carrying two bags of wheat and moving to the nearby mill.

4 comments:

  1. I love the description. There are lots of details that gives a common image of old madinas.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me want to visit the medina of meknes. Very nice description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your description of the medina of Meknes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't visited Meknes yet, this made me want to see more of it. Good job, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete